I’ve spoken to many people and they tell me that the #1 biggest obstacle they face when it comes to healthy living is TIME. Every one of us has 24 hours in the day - so it’s up to us to decide how we use that time. If you want to be healthy, you need to start by carving out time in your day to be healthy, so here are a few tips to help:
Tip #1 - Prioritize
I’m going to paraphrase Jesus and say, “Where you spend your time, there your heart will also be.” (Luke 12:32-34) The top priorities for us should be: Family and health.
- Making these things a priority means planning your day AROUND them instead of “fitting them in."
- Determine a time for each of these priorities and stick to it. Don’t let smaller priorities spill over into these time frames.
Tip #2 - Batch
Choose One simple change for the month, and see if you might be able to creatively BATCH your activities:
- Whenever you take a phone call - go for a walk/pace around the room
- Use a push-mower to do the lawn
- While you’re folding laundry, do wall-sits
- Pray while you de-stress
- Use exercise as your de-stresser
- Healthy eating
- Prepare all your meals for the week in one day (Sunday)
- Challenge yourself to drink water each time you do a specific activity: check your e-mail, answer your phone, walk past a water fountain, etc.
Tip #3 - Small chunks of time
Being healthy doesn’t require 60 minutes a day of straight up high intensity training. Find small blocks of time to practice your OSC:
- Find a 20-30 minute workout on youtube that you can do at home
- Take 10 minutes to pray at lunch time
- Take 30 minutes before bed to de-stress and turn off all screens
- Healthy eating
- Prepare or purchase on-the-go healthy snacks so you’re not tempted by on-the-go unhealthy snacks
- Use a larger water bottle so you don’t have to re-fill so often
Making time for your health is SIMPLE, but it’s not always easy. Flexibility is important, and being patience with yourself is key. Lastly, when you begin prioritizing your health, make sure you let others around you know so they can encourage you and help you out!
I want to walk alongside you on your healthy living journey. Connect with me on Instagram @tomlelyo or shoot me an e-mail at email@example.com