Another Dr Eric Berg recipe modified. For his recipe, visit: https://www.drberg.com/blog/recipes/totally-legal-amazing-pancakes which apparently comes from his BOOK, which you can find here: http://shop.drberg.com/drbergs-healthy-fat-burning-recipes
1 Cup / 4 oz / 113 g - Almond Flour
1 TBS / 12 g - Xylitol Sweetener (I USED COCONUT SUGAR)
1/2 TSP - Baking Powder
1/4 TSP - Baking Soda
1/8 TSP - Sea Salt, finely ground
1/2Cup / 4 oz / 113 g - Buttermilk (I USED COCONUT MILK W/HALF LEMON SQUEEZED)
1 - Egg, well beaten
1 TBS / 14 g - Light Olive Oil (I USED COCNUT OIL)
Softened Butter & Yacon Syrup and/or Fresh Fruit, for serving
- Preheat a griddle to 350°F.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl whisk Egg, then add Olive Oil, and beat well. Add Buttermilk to the Egg mixture and stir to combine.
- Add this mixture to the dry ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- Allow batter to sit for at least two minutes to rise.
- Pour four medium or eight small pancakes onto the griddle (silver dollar-size are MUCH easier to flip, especially if you are a novice). Cook until edges are done and bottoms are golden. Turn pancakes and cook about one minute longer or until done.
- Serve hot, topped with Butter and Yacon Syrup and/or Fruit and Enjoy!
Makes 4 Regular or 8 Silver Dollar Pancakes.