This recipe came from Dr. Eric Berg's keto website. I've made a few modifications, but you want see his video and read the whole post here: https://www.drberg.com/blog/most-popular/the-healthiest-pizza-in-the-world
- 2 cups finely grated cauliflower (I used riced flour so I didn't have to grate it ;-) )
- 2 cups shaved mozzarella cheese
- 2 large eggs
- Pizza or Tomato sauce
- Extra cheese for topping
- Toppings of your choice (Pepperoni ya'll!)
- Cheese grater (unless you get riced flour and shaved cheese)
- Parchment paper (I always forget it, just grease/spray that pan like crazy)
- Round pizza pan with a lip
Directions (from Dr Berg):
1. Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees. Cut parchment paper to match the size and shape of your pizza pan. Parchment paper is the best way to prevent your crust from sticking to the baking surface. < truth
2. Finely grate cauliflower and remove any large chunks. You want a fine, uniform texture like rice.
3. Mix together the cauliflower, mozzarella cheese, and two eggs until well-combined. At this point, it may not look like it could possibly turn into pizza crust, but it will bake to a thin, crunchy, flexible crust- just watch!
4. Place cauliflower mixture in the center of the parchment paper on the pizza pan. Spread the mixture thinly but evenly out the edges of the pan.
5. Bake crust at 450 degrees for 15 minutes.
6. Assemble the rest of your toppings. Place a small dollop of tomato sauce- start with less than you think you’ll need- in the center of your crust and spread it out nearly to the edge. Be conservative with the sauce- too much sauce was one of my mistakes when I was perfecting this recipe!
7. Top with cheese, followed by any other toppings of your choice. I add whole, fresh basil leaves, slices of organic tomato and mushroom, and sometimes pepperoni.
8. Return to oven and bake until cheese is evenly melted and just beginning to turn golden on the surface.